Google earth / mapsInternet and Blogs
Umapper, to publish maps on the web
About six months ago I arrived to try it out, now they have applied some new features and it looks like they have some future because they were reviewed by Mashable y Google Maps Mania.
Keir Clarke, editor of Google Maps Mania said:
"It's one of the best mapping tools I've seen ..."
With that many put their eyes on this application, which allows:
- Create maps using Virtual Earth, Google and OpenStreetMap
- Draw lines, points, polygons ... and circles
- Search Wikipedia and Geonames by means of geo-tagged entries
- Import GPS data in formats .gpx, kml and GeoRSS
The functionality of UMapper They are very robust, if you want to build interactive applications in flash, you can even export them to Flash ActionScript 3.0 and kml.
Additionally other pirouettes can be done as:
- To integrate UMapper on a website via its API
- Sharing maps through widgets made for blogs or social networks including Facebook, Blogger, Wordpress, MySpace, Orkut and Igoogle.
- Rearrange the size of embedded maps
- Restrict access to maps or create maps in Wiki form that many can edit
- Invite people to edit maps
- and more…
So for those who want to integrate maps into their web, with flash appearance, and with better alternatives than the simple Google Maps API ... UMapper It is a good choice.