This is one of the best tutorials I've seen, especially for users of CivilCAD They hope to do topography routines that with Civil3D would take many more steps and complexity.
The document has been constructed and facilitated to the web by Engineer Manuel Zamarripa Medina, who many will be grateful for his willingness to invest time in a manual with this quality.
In general, the document is based on a structure of 12 practices on more than 60 pages with step-by-step detail; in a good part of the document the didactic and writing is of good quality. Many of the tasks are done in the sense of a new user, clarifying that over time the experienced user finds tricks to do things more quickly.
In the first section, using CivilCAD is very well constructed, with a balance of the explanatory with the images. Then the part that explains the use of total station is limited, however it is still practical.
This is the content index:
- A first chapter constitutes the index, although it does not have the complete numbering.
- Lessons to start with CivilCAD. This section summarizes the capabilities and advantages of CivilCAD, which by the way is the application for topography that has most spread in Mexico. It also explains important aspects related to the handling of scale and layout for printing; here the document has the only error, since it lacks links to a supposed blog where you can learn more but the route of the site is not shown.
- Learning to draw a survey with tape. It is taught to draw lots raised with tape, without the need for calculation using triangulation, especially lines, circles and intersections.
- Learning drawing of an uprising by course and distance. Here is how to use the tools of CivilCAD for the drawing of surveys with compass and tape or by course and distance; interesting that also shows how to make the polygonal compensation with the method proportional to the length of the sides.
- Learning of calculation and drawing of a polygonal by coordinates. It is taught to use the spreadsheet and the drawing by coordinates from a database; It is also explained how to generate the UTM coordinate grid.
- Learning drawing of a profile leveling. How to draw a terrain profile from the calculation of a profile leveling, the execution of a .scr extension script is included.
- Learning topographic configuration by the method of radiation. Here the work is carried out until the generation of contours, with data that are in a list of points x and z as those generated by a total station.
- Learning development of the project of a communication channel. This section is wide, includes again the generation of a digital model, but additionally works the geometric design of a road including horizontal, vertical curves, terrain profile and generation of cross sections. Everything is built with the SCT Roads module, including obtaining the mass curve.
- Lessons to start with the Total Station. This section is basic, in general the description of the most important features of the Total Station Sokkia Set 630 RK; and again a reference to a blog that does not give the route. Although the manual explains the steps, from now on the document loses its graphic balance with fewer images; although as its author says, there will be an improved version later.
- Learning for polygon with total station. Learn to use the Total Station in the polygonal survey; Hence it is interesting to explain how to pass data from the PC to the total station.
- Lessons learned for electronic data recording. Know the total station and its resources to perform detailed surveys, using the electronic data record; basically data capture.
- Lessons for the transfer of data to the PC. Learn Use the electronic record of the Total Station and carry out the transfer of the information to a computer, moving on to the drawing of the computer-assisted drawing immediately.
- Learnings for the use of the Total Station and its Application Software. Learn to execute the programs incorporated to the Station, facilitating with this the obtaining of terrain data.
A good effort by the author, who shows his maturity and growth in a commitment to the democratization of knowledge.
From here you can Download the document.
Here you can see More contents of the same author.