Conduit is possibly the best solutions there are for building mobile applications. The flexibility it has, coupled with the number of platforms supported, reflects an incredible work of its creators that can take a blog, an RSS feed or social networking content to applications ready to be distributed in applications stores such as Apps or Android Store .
With this, anyone without being an expert mobile programmer can develop a functional tool, mainly from Internet content; Although it also allows to integrate specialized developments because it has an API that surely could be easier than rolled up the shirt with the code from scratch.
It is possible to integrate data from different sources, with simple draggable buttons like rss, Youtube, Maps, music or images.
Additionally it supports html content and direct links to common routines such as contact and email.
Integrate syndicated content
With this, a blog can be carried to a mobile application by simply including the rss address; And not only that but also other funtes.
As a sample I put the example I have developed from Geofumadas, in this view as seen from an iPad: See that the appearance to follow up the feed is very practical.
The access buttons can be changed in order, although the platform is missing some things that I suppose will later be integrated, like a return button because clicking on an original browser-style view does not include an icon for returning to the mobile application ; This happens when you save as shortcut on the desktop of an iPad, which raises Safari without menu. Also download the version of Android sometimes remains waiting, although once installed no problem.
Integrate social media content
In the same application you can include a button to reflect the movement of a Facebook page, a Twitter account or a term that we follow. The following example is from the Geofumadas account, viewing it as an Android application.
In this way, then a faithful follower can have in a click the updates of a site, as well as the interaction of social networks. Each functionality has an accessible click to share content. Let's not say if Youtube videos associated with the theme will be integrated.
Once the data sources are defined, you can choose display properties, such as the icon for the application, background style, language, and color tablet.
In terms of navigation, you can choose where the navigation bar, lower, upper, in vertical blocks or buttons in mosaic. Conduit has a very good pre-visualization service both vertically and horizontally, so you know what it will look like on the different supported platforms:
- BADA / Samsung
- Windows Mobile
- You can also see it on the web.
CHow to spread the application
Once created, Conduit has several ways to spread the application, which is the ultimate goal of those who create them:
- One way is to redirect visitors. There is a functionality, which creates a script to copy in the site code, every time a visitor arrives from a mobile, raise an alert to warn you that there is a mobile version and gives you the option to choose how to view it.
- Another is promoting on social networks (Twitter or Facebook), for this there are special buttons at the bottom of the application panel.
- It also brings the functionality of creating a QR code, which can be placed on the site to be able to capture it with the camera of a mobile.
- And finally there's the option of uploading it to app stores. Conduit has this well-developed process, to enter data of the application, images as required by the windows, selection of countries where they can be seen, and then the option to generate the application for download. Of course this requires payment in the respective stores, in the case of Android you pay US $ 25 registration, Windows Mobile US $ 99 and Apple are paid 100 a year; Of course you can also set a price for the download, this is not done in Conduit but in the store.
Once uploaded, updates are made from conduit with a single button, without having to upload it again.
It has an interesting functionality to send immediate notifications to the users who have downloaded it. This can be sent in general to all, by country or even selecting a geographic area of the map.
Definitely. The best thing I've seen to create mobile apps without having experience as a programmer. Make it a free service, what better.
It is to prove it, because it has more than what in this article I show, for example a system of statistics and advertising quite interesting. For sample I leave what I have worked for Geofumadas in mobile version using Conduit: