This template facilitates the conversion of geographic coordinates in degrees, minutes and seconds to UTM coordinates.
1. How to enter the data
The data must be processed in an excel sheet, in such a way that they come in the required format. Of course, the normal restrictions relative to the ranges of accepted values must be respected as we speak when We explain the UTM coordinates.
- The spheroid is chosen in the drop-down form
- The first column is only to place a numeral
- The columns in yellow are to enter the geographical coordinates
- Both latitudes and longitudes must come in numbers (without degrees, minutes or seconds symbol), and separated into different columns, the latter can have decimals.
- The degrees in lengths should not reach 180
- Grades in latitudes should not reach 90
- Minutes and seconds should not reach 60, because they would already be part of the next unit
- The East / West must be an "E" or a "W", capital
- The North / South must be an "N" or an "S", uppercase
If you manage to prepare them in another page of excel, with those characteristics you only have to do copy / paste
2. The output results
The columns in green are the UTM coordinates, according to the chosen spheroid, the area is also shown.
3. How to send them to AutoCAD
Review it, and report any issues
The template to convert Geographical coordinates to UTM.
You can buy it with Credit card or Paypal.
It is symbolic if one considers the utility it provides and the ease with which it can be acquired.
Learn how to make this and other templates in the Excel-CAD-GIS cheat course.