Bentley Systems Announces Finalists for 2022 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure
The winners will be announced at an award ceremony. in London on November 15
Bentley Systems, Incorporated (Nasdaq: BSY), the software company for infrastructure engineering, announced today the finalists of the Awards Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure 2022. The annual awards program recognizes the extraordinary work of Bentley software users in advancing the design, construction and operation of infrastructure around the world. Eleven independent judging panels selected 36 finalists from approximately 300 nominations submitted by more than 180 organizations from 47 countries and spanning 12 categories.
The winners will be announced on November 15 during the celebrations of the Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure 2022 in London, at the InterContinental Park Lane hotel, before invited members of the press and industry executives. The presentations of the finalists can be seen through this link on November 7, 2022. Visit the site to hear from the people behind these extraordinary pieces of infrastructure as they tell their stories of harnessing digital advances to achieve unprecedented results.
Nicholas Cumins, Bentley COO, commented:
After two years of organizing the event virtually, we are delighted to meet in person with the finalists of the Going Digital Awards to celebrate their achievements alongside members of the press and industry analysts. Bentley executives will share their insights on digital advancements in infrastructure along with updates to Bentley's applications and technology innovations.
The finalists of the 2022 Going Digital in Infrastructure Awards are:
bridges and tunnels
- Ferrovial Construction and Alamo Nex Construction – Expansion of section of Interstate 35 (IH-35 NEX Central), San Antonio, Texas, United States.
- Southwest Municipal Engineering Design & Research Institute of China – In-depth and collaborative application of the BIM methodology in the second section of the Chengdu east-west urban axis, in Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
- Zigong Urban Planning and Design Institute Co., Ltd. – Section C and D of the urban-industrial integration belt infrastructure construction plan between Fushun County and Zigong Rong County, in Zigong City, Sichuan, China.
- Acciona – Safe removal of hazardous level crossings through digital construction, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- China Railway 18th Bureau Group Co., Ltd. – Application of the BIM methodology in an ultra-deep water diversion tunnel in the Pearl River Delta, Foshan, Guangdong, China.
- DPRConstruction – Renovation of the RMR building at 20 Massachusetts Avenue, in Washington, DC, United States.
- Mott McDonald – Smart object library for Environment Agency, UK.
- National Highways – ProjectWise and iTwin implementation pilot plan in the A303 Complex Infrastructure Program, Salisbury – Stonehenge, Wiltshire, UK.
- WSB – As-Built Digital Proof of Concept, Elk River, Minn., United States.
Facilities, venues and cities
- Kaunas University of Technology – Kaunas digital twin, Kaunas, Lithuania.
- Kokusai Kogyo Co., Ltd. – PLATEAU project: the largest 3D model project of cities in Japan (Numazu city, Kaga city, Shizuoka prefecture, Ishikawa prefecture), Japan.
- Sydney Airport – Maps@SYD, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- GHD – Cressbrook Dam, in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.
- Mott McDonald – Driving efficiency and sustainability in material reuse through geoBIM, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK.
- PT Hutama Karya (Persero) – Construction of the Semantok Dam, Nganjuk, East Java, Indonesia.
Network (electric, gas, telecommunications, etc.)
- Essential Energy – Essential Energy smart substation design, Port Macquarie, Australia.
- POWERCHINA Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. – Digital application throughout the life cycle of a 220 kV substation project in Wuhan Xudong, in Wuhan, Hubei, China.
- State Grid Hengshui Electric Power Supply Company – Comprehensive application of the BIM methodology for the design and construction of energy transmission and transformation networks, Hengshui, Hebei, China.
Industrial processes and power generation
- OQ Upstream – Purposeful digitization of OQ asset reliability, Oman.
- Sarawak Energy Berhad – Modernization of the Bakun hydroelectric plant through a digital twin, Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Shell Projects & Technology – Digital platform for the execution of works in deep waters, Gulf of Mexico, Texas, United States.
Rail and transport network
- Arcadis – Carstairs, Scotland, UK
- Oriental Consultants Global – Phase 1 of the construction of the Manila Underground Metro (MMSP), Philippines.
- PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk – High-speed rail stations between Jakarta and Bandung, Indonesia.
Roads and highways
- AFRY – New test track for autonomous electric vehicles, Södertälje, Stockholm, Sweden.
- scholarship ltd – Takýu North Link, Tauranga, Western Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC – The city of Perry innovates with Foth creating the digital mapping of the city with digital twins, Perry, Iowa, United States.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited – Design and construction of tunnel and underground station in Krishna Park of the Delhi underground network, New Delhi, India.
- Sinotech Engineering Consultants, Ltd. – Phase 2 of the construction of a TPC offshore wind farm in Changhua, Taiwan.
- WSP – Delivery of Unity Place with the optimized design by WSP using Bentley innovations, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK.
Surveying and monitoring
- Aegean – The largest 3D map of Brazil of sanitation infrastructure (Digitalization of Rio de Janeiro), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- HDR – Murray Dam Condition Assessment, San Diego County, California, United States.
- Singapore Land Authority – Update of the digital twin of Singapore (SG Digital Twin) thanks to mobile mapping, Singapore.
Water and wastewater
- Jacobs – Tuas Water Reclamation Plant (TWRP) for PUB, the Singapore National Water Authority, Singapore.
- L&T Construction – Creation and management of utility infrastructure for Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Layout (NPKL), Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- MWH Treatment, as a member of its Advance Plus JV joint venture with J. Murphys & Sons – Burnley WwTW (Wastewater Treatment Works) Capital Investment Plan, Burnley, UK.
For more information on the finalists, visit this link.