It is not surprising to see AutoDesk and ESRI at the annual California Geographic Information Systems conference because they are gold sponsors (that is, they release 5,000 green notes annually), but with pleasant surprise we see that Manifold has also sneaked into the exhibition of the pre-conference on April 22 from 2008.
ESRI will be presenting tips and tools to increase productivity using ArcGIS 9.2. Topics to be covered are:
- Tips for working with Excel and ArcMap files
- Working with CAD data
- Handling map, layer and other "seemingly hidden" settings
- Tricks to save time in mapping and using symbols
- Tips for exporting and printing from ArcMap
- Question and Answer Plenary
- ESRI users will say: Wow!
- those from AutoDesk: mmm beauty colored maps
- the manifold: whta´s the price !!! ????
AutoDesk will be presenting in the voice of Jeremiah McKnelly the solutions that AutoCAD provides in the GIS environment. The theme focuses on AutoDesk's insistence on gaining ground in the GIS field, trying to get users to answer the question that ESRI has asked us about. pissed off: Why is it necessary to work the CAD data separately, and then pass it to GIS, and to edit it back to the CAD?
Now that AutoDesk has advanced a little (not much to say) in giving AutoCAD capabilities for handling coordinate systems, thematic analysis, connection to Oracle spatial data, SQL Server and ArcSDE, the 25 year old dares to challenge us test if the accuracy of your applications can beat the aesthetics of ArcGIS without dying in memory consumption.
- GIS process flows, tricks and novelties for the 2009 presented by local AutoDesk distributors in California
- Local customers who have implemented geospatial solutions from AutoDesk share the benefits and headaches.
- Introduction to AutoDesk and its strategy to support the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- The AutoDesk will say: Great!
- those of ESRI: mmm, interesting, could you edit?
- Manifold: what time is it?
And to begin to provoke misgivings, manifold Robin M. Wood sneaks into this exhibition in voice and manias.
However manifold It seeks to be heard, and for this it has challenged people to carry their notebook, as they will have a wireless network available, each user will receive a temporary license from Manifold 8 to purify it live and direct.
Space is limited and the theme is:
- Manifold General Exhibition, a quick look at what's inside the $ 245 box
- Installing Manifold
- Guidance on the user interface
- Connecting databases and important data (obvious to those who want to challenge, because shapes and personal geodatabases will matter)
- Management of tables and queries
- Creating maps
- Publishing maps in IMS services
ah ... they will give complete material that includes instructional videos.
- Those of Manifold will say: ohhhhhh !!!!
- those from AutoDesk: mmm, who is Manifold?
- ESRI: excuse me, did you say $ 245 ???
In any case, this is only the preconference exhibition, so if you are near California, or you will be there ... it would be worth going to an event that for 13 consecutive years has shown the best of the exclusive trends in GIS technologies ... maybe one day we will see something transcendental of the free alternatives 🙁