Within Geofumadas' plans for 2012 is the testing of Android applications, considering that it is an irreversible trend. We are aware that Apple will always be well positioned at the mobile level but unlike everything that revolves behind Apple's closed circle, Android will inevitably grow.
So in 2012 we will be leveling what we have Shown with iPad, with equivalent applications. To prove this we have decided to accept an Ericsson toy that Serves to make calls ... point; The rest remains to be seen because its size hardly suggests that it is to be communicated, not to navigate or learn Tricks for Angry birds.
We refer to the Sonny Ericsson XPERIA mini X10, whose premise is to be a device with which you can do everything with one hand; From the saying to the fact there is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...
- In much the way of navigation of the sliding panels and their personalization looks like the iPhone / iPad, of course it does not work the zoom to the same style gestural (not in this, but in the HTC); So when navigating in Google Maps you have to be clicking one by one.
- Very good, Timescape, a space where you can focus events, such as messages received, missed calls, Twitter or Facebook updates ...
- Practical, it has radio, gps, supports 3G connection and wi-fi without much return.
- The keyboard is tactile, the style implemented by Nokia, but another model brings a qwerty that makes you lose the profit of the mini: its size and what made it achieve the design awards Red Punto and EISA Awards.
- But the best and the reason we have chosen it is because its operating system is Android, based on the Linux kernel and with a development on a Java framework. Although Android Inc. was bought by Google, the creation of the Open Handset Alliance boasts favorable expectations.
Difference between Android apps and Apple apps
The issue can become somewhat controversial because Android fans often fight for pleasure and Apple users have extreme loyalty. But I want to introduce it so that it serves as a reference for me when we make comparisons between applications.
The tyranny of Apple was born a long time ago and will not change over time. Steve Jobs hardly increased the lawsuit and closed the circle more. So there is nothing left but to suffer the characteristics of Apple and enjoy its advantages:
- It is well positioned, although an iPhone is worth an eye and iPad was questioned, predominate in the market with a significant quota.
- The applications are only uploaded after being tested with a certain level of rigor, so they are usually tools with good level of guarantee and utility to be worth 3 dollars - more or less, more than less.
- There is no other way to install them, other than through the iTunes account or directly from the Apple store. Closed, true, but it is what has gained them the advantage of not being so easily hackable and keeping the operating system intact.
- Whoever will create an application for mac must pay an annual bill of US $ 100 not only to upload it but to keep it alive. It looks like the bulls of other times, but it works; 14 million iPads sold in 2010 certify a profitable model, especially since the Apple user is used to paying, not hacking.
In this case, Android applications are more open, they can be created with less rigor, but for the same reason it is common to find thousands that do not work or are used for everything except for productive things. So anarchy does not come in handy either, what happens is that its growth is such that Amdrpod could be the next Windows!How ugly that sounds! but it will definitely grow in popularity. Google knows that and that is why it is betting on death (ours, not theirs); However, it takes time and formality for businesses to stabilize around the unsustainable of free.
- It will grow in popularity, die free (do not open it)
- It is more open and therefore all companies will bet, not only on development but on sales.
- Pay applications will mature and survive piracy; It is also expected that the weakness of not all manufacturing companies at the level of the latest version of the operating system will be resolved from the 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
So far I've only downloaded a couple of apps, and just seeing the message "We are not responsible for the damage it could cause” I have felt Just the feeling of that The night the Farabundo Martí guerrillas arrived to look for my father, at three in the morning, with their burning ocotes and hunting rifles confiscated locally. My legs trembled, while the man who had been the foreman of the hacienda paced the house, furious at not finding him ... 13 years later I found him crippled in a hammock, frustrated at not having understood what the revolution meant, I felt sorry for him and more her calves trembled.
It is the feeling of the uncertain, it will take less than 13 years to learn to combat the problems of the Android system, I will not have to lose relatives in the war and ...
... the XPERIA mini is definitely practical