Due to the requests received from collaborators and students, Geographica has organized a second edition of the face-to-face GIS and Geographic Databases
This consists of 40 semi-face hours, where the importance and potential of the BDG is known, indispensable for any professional who wants to work with elements that are developed in the territory.
- GvSIG, Sextante, ArcGIS, and PostgreSQL / PostGIS will be used.
- They will also offer a place to practice paid internships with them
This is the content of the course
1. Introduction to GIS
- Introduction to GIS
- Difference between GIS and CAD
- Duality of information in GIS
- Real cases of analysis with GIS
- Structure of the data
- IDE and OGC
2. Coordinate systems
- Importance of coordinate systems in the management of geographic information
- Processing methods ED50 <> ETRS89:
3 ArcGIS as a GIS client
- ArcGIS system: ArcCatalog, ArcScene, ArcMap ...
- Introduction to ArcScene.
- Visualization of our data in 3D. How to make a flight in our work area and record it on video
4. General management of the ArcMAP program
- Types of Zoom: Bookmarks, viewer, overview ..
- Organization of information: data frame, group layer ..
- Limitation of layer activation by scale
5. Selection by attributes and topology
- Operators to perform attribute filters
- Queries by location (intersection, containment, etc.)
6. Editing and Geoprocessing
- Editing functions: sketch tool, snnaping, trace tool, clip, merge, streaming ..
- Editing of alphanumeric attributes: Functions and calculation of geometries
- Toolbox and processes: Clip, intersect, dissolve ..
7. Graphic output
- Insertion of elements in the map (legend, scale ..)
8. Conventional databases: Modeling in databases
- Introduction to databases: Context and Systems Database Managers
- Methodology for data modeling:
- Generation of a relational model
- General rules
- Types of relationships
- Geodatabase with ArcGIS
- Basic SQL: Select, Where, logical operators ...
9. Introduction to PostGIS
- Introduction to PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- PostgreSQL installation. StackBuilder
- Upload Shapefiles to PostGIS with QGIS
10 gvSIG as a SIG client (online)
- General management of the program
- Possibilities of gvSIG
Date and place
The course will be held on 14, 15, 16, 17 (first part) and 21, 22, 23 and 24 (Part Two) May 2012 from 17: 00 to 21: 00 in the Red Building Campus Reina Mercedes The University of Seville. The virtual platform will be open for one week from the 25 of May, for the realization of the online part.