After year and a half to be working from an Acer Aspire One, doing CAD / GIS at the training level, posting, some graphic design and browsing, here I summarize the most important. In detail I had talked about four problems, but now I summarize about four more and analyze if it makes sense or not to continue insisting.
Main problems and solutions
1. The audio It clings to this I spoke some day, and among the comments we had a whole range of acknowledgments, analyzes, smokes and blasphemies. It seems to be a common problem, but it is solved. Of course, it is not to listen in high volume; If you want to connect to an external DVD and with a large screen to watch the episodes of Gray's Anathomy It is best to put some external speakers.
2. Problems with Skype, although It seemed to be a matter of antivirus, I had no problems again. In general for web connectivity, online video and browsing is great.
3. The keyboardJust mentioned A problem with a key, but definitely the design of the 105 keys of these machines is pretty bad. The way they are constructed, with a little eyelash in the air on an irreverent button, makes from the fingernail to a hard mucus can be filtered inside and make a key no longer works. It is curious that in the support business people go more for the keyboard problem than for another reason, with 300 dollars lowering their brows, the toy under their arms and a slogan against this server that recommended them. Resolving the key was not easy for me, and I think that other less computer people would have recourse to support. Ups! Sorry ????
4. Do not send to Datashow. That was because To be naughty with the msconfig, but the first few times people always have trouble waiting for the shipping panel to come out, accustomed to the traditional way of other laptops. Apart, it may happen that some time stops transmitting, it does not happen much but usually after being connected to the external monitor or projector, having many programs open or something like that, it is a matter of lack of memory to continue transmitting. In that case there is no other one to restart, but of course, the send button to the Data is pressed twice to access the laptop screen and turn off programs to restart.
5. to battery does not charge I've heard this a lot, in many cases it seems to find no reason to be salvageable and it happens when the guarantee has already expired. It happened to me once, but with removing the battery and putting it back on, it was solved.
6. The plug It gets damaged. This is serious, the design in the cable glue with the transformer box is so bad, that it often does not work anymore. Usually by bending it as if it were nacatamal in the backpack, by a pull of a child passing by or by run over with the wheels of the chair.
7. Problems with drivers. This happens only to the innocent, because when they have some Windows instability they send it to a naughty technician to format it, and in the end it returns it unusable, saying that it has no drivers, that it does not have a CD Rom, that it does not work. But it is not necessary to get there, the system to start has an option with F10 to return to a stable version, and it is not necessary to format.
8. The numbers they cross. This happens when we start it from time to time -More time than when-. It happens that when entering the Internet in the mail access panel, because the autocomplete is configured, we select the user and when trying to write the password from which we only see the asterisks send us the message that is wrong. We try, ad nauseam and unless we try to write elsewhere, for example google We landed that the function of numbers is activated since the result is g66g3e. For this, just pressing Fn + F11 deactivates it, but it should not be activated alone.
Although I have known of those who have lost access to their mail for abusing failed attempts and even have quarreled with the cousin geek Believing them Cracked el password.
Needless to say, for the sake of sight, this is not a team to work long hours, because it puts too much strain on your eyes. It is recommended to travel, and at home connect to a larger monitor. Also, just the area where the dolls are placed, is a part of the laptop that warms up, which can affect if after several hours of work you are going to wash with cold water or grab an ice cold drink ... let's not be fatalistic, but if You repeat a lot of time is like washing your hands after ironing clothes.
Honestly, to be such a team wretched, Having 8 so serious problems makes one think whether it is worth buying one or better to return to a notebook like this Lapiztop or a PDA. But here are my recommendations from the positive point of view after a year and a half and still happy with the toy ... despite having two creatures who use one hour a day just to be taking care of their farmville and see the task of the next day.
1 It is a personal tool.
By this I mean, it is for personal use.
Do not give her or your girlfriend who will only use it to watch videos from Youtube, or your friend who takes the snot and leaves them there, or your boss who only learned to roll cables like ponies, not much Less your son who will give hard to the keyboard playing Mengaman X8.
It is for personal use, if you take care, if you have a stable antivirus, if you are not getting things pirated, it works.
2 It is a notebook, not an anvil.
The concept of Netbook is a computer that replaces a notebook, which frees you from walking that heavy Toshiba In the back, that one day will cost you a lumbar injury or that you will be robbed in the street because no more way to carry it than in a laptop bag.
So do not expect to do wonders for which it is not made. Even with everything, I have managed to mount Corel Draw to do tricks, Microstation to work maps, AutoDesk Civil3D 2008 for posting exercises and it works. Even ArcGIS 9.3 goes well for purposes "Of notebook", That is, to see, edit, print, learn. Not to work seriously because the monitor size will cost you half a retina over time.
If you want to work seriously, then buy a 23 flat monitor ", those that are now cheap and you can work quietly in the office, or on the nights you drink it says there is Sock.
3 It's only $ 300.
It would be the height that we would like something more for just 300 dollars that costs. If you have complaints, they are valid for Acer to strive to improve this product within a couple of years.
But if you want wonders, buy yourself a real team. This is a toy that does more than you would with a PDA, much more than you will achieve with an I-pad and certainly much more than with a notebook of twenty pesos.