The selection of the winners and the awarding of prizes will be made at the Conference Year in 2013 Infrastructure, Which will take place from 29 to 31 in October in London (UK).
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for a Sustainable infrastructure, Announced today the finalist projects of the competition of the Prizes Be Inspired Awards 2013. The awards recognize the extraordinary work of Bentley users to improve and sustain the global infrastructure. Six independent juries, made up of exemplary users of Bentley and recognized industry experts, have selected the 65 finalists among the nominations sent by organizations from 43 countries.
The winners of the Prizes Be Inspired Awards will be announced at the Conference Year in 2013 Infrastructure, which will be held from 29 to 31 in October in London (United Kingdom). This international meeting of the main executives of the world of the design, construction and operation of infrastructures includes a series of presentations and interactive sessions that explore the interrelations of the technology and the driving factors of business, and the way in which the future of the delivery of infrastructure and the return on investments.
The conference Year in 2013 Infrastructure, designed to meet the information needs of managers of architecture, engineering and construction companies, owner operators and government agencies responsible for the design, delivery and operation of infrastructure, is the perfect forum for:
- Share the best practices for the design, delivery and operation of infrastructures with homologous organizations.
- Establish a network with peer organizations, more than 100 media representatives and industry opinion leaders from around the world.
- Explore cutting-edge technologies and how they change the flow of information throughout the life cycle of infrastructures.
- Know the perspectives of the world's leading experts through their presentations, to discover, prepare and make the most of the key trends that are transforming the design, delivery and operation of infrastructures around the world.
All applicants who have submitted their candidature for the Prize competition Be Inspired Awards 2013 are also invited to attend.
Bentley operations director, Malcolm Walter, comments: "We have set the bar very high in the new conference Year in 2013 Infrastructure, with a really attractive program that will deal with crucial aspects of great value for infrastructure executives around the world. In addition, we will have the presence of important opinion leaders, who will deliver the opening speeches and presentations during the conference. Among the invited speakers are Sir John Armitt, president of the Execution Authority of the London Olympic Project 2012 and president of National Express; Andrew Wolstenholme, OBE (Order of the British Empire), executive director of Crossrail Ltd .; Peter Hansford, chief construction advisor for the Government of the United Kingdom, and Pedro Miranda, corporate vice president of Siemens AG and director of the Global Center of Competence Cities ».
"The only thing that was beyond our control were, of course, the nominations for the Awards Be Inspired Awards. But, as always, our users have not failed us: they have presented extraordinary projects, which have put to the test the skill of our esteemed members of the jury. I wish to convey my congratulations to all the finalists, and I hope to hear your interesting presentations in the final section of this very special contest, which we will celebrate in London at the end of this month during our conference ».
The finalists of the Prizes Be Inspired Awards 2013 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Lifecycle Management
- Crossrail Ltd .: Information mobility for Intelligent Rail Cross Rail (London and South East England, UK)
- JSC Neolant: Information support system for the decommissioning of the Kursk nuclear power plant (Kurchatov, Kursk region, Russia)
- Suncor Energy Inc. (Edmonton Refinery): Information Plant (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
Innovation in asset performance management
- ArcelorMittal: World Class Equipment Reliability Project from ArcelorMittal USA (United States)
- Bellwood Systems Ltd .: RCM2 in a power generation company in Siberia (Abakan, Jakasia and Barnaúl, Altai Krai, Russia)
- ScottishPower: Asset management and process security strategy for ScottishPower (UK)
Innovation in bridges
- Bloom Companies, LLC: Reconstruction of the Rawson Avenue Road Junction (Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA)
- GS Engineering & Construction: Mokpo Cableway (Mokpo, South Korea)
- LCW Consult, SA: The viaduct over the Corgo river valley (Vila Real, Portugal)
Innovation in building
- China NDRI Shipbuilding Engineering Co., Ltd .: South China Headquarters Communications Construction Company Limited (Guangzhou, Guangdong, China)
- Morphosis Architects: Perot Museum of Nature and Science (Dallas, Texas, United States)
- Rogers Stirk Harbor + Partners: Cancer Treatment Center for Guy and St Thomas Hospitals (London, UK)
Innovation in collaboration using i-models
- CB & I Power: i-models of the AP1000 nuclear power plant (Jenkinsville, South Carolina and Waynesboro, Georgia, United States)
- Imarati Engineers & Consultants: IEC-based BIM-based program management (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
Innovation in construction
- Consolidated Contractors Company on behalf of TCAJV: New Terminal Building at Abu Dhabi International Airport (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
- Intelliwave Technologies Inc .: Petroleum Sands of Alberta (Alberta, Canada)
- Kellogg Gorgon Joint Venture: Gorgon Project (Barrow Island, Australia)
Innovation in generative design
- Ian Simpson Architects: One Blackfriars Road (London, UK)
- Jawor Design Studio and LabDigiFab: Parametric Pavilion (Wroclaw, Poland)
- LAB Architecture Studio with SIADR: Wujin City Hall (Changzhou, Jiangsu, China)
Innovation in geospatial networks
- AEM Gestioni Srl: GIS system for district heating (Cremona, Italy)
- EPCOR Water Services Inc .: WALRUS, Water and Territory Services System (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Precision Valley Communications: Overcoming Impossible Obstacles with Innovative and Accelerated Design (Washington, DC, United States)
Innovation in state works
- Crossrail Ltd .: Crossrail Ltd. (London, United Kingdom)
- Systems and Projects Innovation: Federated Geospatial Information System of Cancún (Cancun, Mexico)
- Sydney Trains: Virtual Planning Room (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
Innovation in urbanization, engineering and management
- Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC: Low Fox 1 Operating Unit (Neenah, Wisconsin, United States)
- HNTB Corporation: M-1 RAIL Tram Project - Advanced Service Research (Detroit, Michigan, United States)
- Mortenson Construction: Senate Wind Farm (Graham, Texas, United States)
Innovation in metals and mining
- China ENFI Engineering Technology Co., Ltd .: Selection of molybdenum ore in Qian Bayin, Mongolia (Erdenetsagaan, Sükhbaatar, Mongolia)
- China Nerin Engineering Co., Ltd .: Tongling Nonferrous Copper Casting Technology Modernization Projects (Tongling, Anhui, China)
- Hatch Associates Pty Ltd .: Magnesium Fusion in Qinghai - Dehydration Facilities (Golmud, Qinghai, China)
Innovation in marine engineering
- CNGS Engineering: Central Processing Platform - Oilfield V. Filanovsky (Caspian Sea, Russia)
- L & T-Valdel Engineering Ltd .: FPSO OSX-3 Project (Santos Basin, São Paulo, Brazil)
- TECON Srl: Project for the withdrawal of the sunken cruise ship Costa Concordia (Isola del Giglio, Grosseto, Italy)
Innovation in point cloud management and processing
- Avineon India Pvt Ltd .: Creation of an urban model in 3D for the city of Brussels using cloud data points LiDAR (Brussels, Belgium)
- JL Patterson & Associates, Inc .: Cascade Tunnel Study (Stevens Pass, Washington, USA)
- Steuernagel Ingenieure GmbH: Restoration of the church of St. Leonardo in Frankfurt, Germany (Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany)
Innovation in electricity generation
- Beifang Investigation Design & Research Co. Ltd .: Parametric design application for hydroelectric power plant engineering (Southern Region, Cameroon)
- Eskom Holdings (Pty) Ltd .: Kusile Power Plant - Virtual Plant Simulator at 3D for O & M (Witbank, Mpumalanga, South Africa)
- Southern Company: 6 and 7 units of the Yates plant (Newnan, Georgia, United States)
Innovation in manufacturing processes
- CPC Corporation: Fluid catalytic cracking (Kaohsiung, Taiwan)
- Pall India Pvt. Ltd.: Pulsating jet backflow filtration system (GSS / GSS) (Panipat, Haryana, India)
- Profarb Grupa Chemiczna Sp. Z oo: Installation for the production of alkyd resin (Smolensk, Russia)
Innovation in railways and transit
- Hatch Mott MacDonald and NORR Architects: Northwest PATH Pedestrian Tunnel (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Ineco: HS2 Delta Intersection in Birmingham (Birmingham, UK)
- L & T Construction Equipment Ltd .: Hyderabad Metro Project (Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh, India)
Innovation in roads
- Bergmann Associates: 17 New York Motorway, exit 122 (Wallkill, New York, United States)
- Hanson Professional Services Inc .: Expansion and rebuilding of the Jane Addams Memorial Toll (I-90) (Boone, McHenry and Kane Counties, Illinois, United States)
- URS Corporation: Stockholm Bypass Design Contract FSK06 Akalla - Häggvik (Stockholm, Sweden)
Innovation in structural engineering
- L & T Construction Equipment Ltd .: Tata Consultancy Services Customer Service Center (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India)
- Shibanee and Kamal Architects: Bhau Institute for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Leadership (Pune, Maharashtra, India)
- Taikisha Engineering India Limited: Automobile manufacturing plant (Gurgaon, Haryana, India)
Innovation in the management of transport assets
- Graphic Engineering Solutions and Services (Pty) Ltd. and African Consulting Surveyors: Modernization of PRASA garages (South Africa)
- Territory and Municipal Services ACT Government: Integrated Asset Management System (Australian Capital Territory, Australia)
- Utah Transit Authority: Traffic Asset Management (Salt Lake City, Utah, United States)
Innovation in transmission and distribution infrastructure for public services
- China Power Construction Corporation Jiangxi Electric Power Design Institute: 220 Substation kilovolts Duxiling (Pingxiang, Jiangxi, China)
- Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Co. Ltd.: Integration of urban infrastructure through a service tunnel (Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India)
- ISAT Networks Engineers Pvt. Ltd .: 132 kilovolt substation (Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India)
Innovation in wastewater treatment plants
- Black & Veatch: Migration of an Inherited Document Management System (Kansas City, Missouri, United States)
- CH2M HILL: Replacement of infrastructure for Las Vegas wastewater treatment and control facilities (Las Vegas, Nevada, United States)
- MWH Americas Inc. (Taiwan Office): Taoyuan County Sewage System BOT Project (Taoyuan, Taiwan)
Innovation in modeling and analysis of water, sewage and runoff networks
- Barwon Region Water Corporation: Optimizing System Performance and Operating Costs with Hydrological and Hydraulic Modeling (Colac County, Victoria, Australia)
- Maynilad Water Services, Inc.: Remote leak detection through hydraulic modeling (Malabon City, Philippines)
- Power and Water Corporation: Optimization of pumping programs in remote communities (Northern Territory, Australia)
To consult additional information that we are publishing on each one of the finalist projects of the Prizes Be Inspired Awards 2013, check the Bentley website at Www.bentley.com/beinspired2013finalists.
About the prizes Be Inspired Awards And the conference Year in 2013 Infrastructure
From 2004, the call for the Prizes Be InspiredAwards It has demonstrated excellence and innovation in design, construction and operation of architecture and engineering infrastructure projects around the world. The awards Be Inspired Awards Are unique: there is no other event of this type that has such a global scope and, at the same time, is so exhaustive in the categories submitted to include all types of infrastructure projects. In the awards program, which is open to all Bentley software users, an independent jury of industry experts selects the finalists for each category. For more information, visit Www.bentley.com/BeInspired.
The conference Year in 2013 Infrastructure Bentley is an international meeting of leading executives in the world of design, construction and operation of infrastructures. The conference offers a series of interactive presentations and workshops that explore the interrelationships of technology with business drivers and how they shape the future of infrastructure delivery and return on investment.
The conference Year in 2013 Infrastructure will include:
- Conference on innovations in building
- International Conference on Railways and Transit
- Conference on project delivery
- Conference on energy supply
- Asset Performance Management Conference
- Awards Be Inspired Awards
- Workshop for IT managers: Workshop for IT managers and business executives, focused on the information management needs of the assets of operators owning infrastructure, which can only be accessed by invitation
The 28 in October, more than 100 journalists from the world's top media will gather at the Hilton London Metropole to attend Bentley's annual briefing. These journalists will also participate in the conference. Year in 2013 Infrastructure.
For additional information on the conference Year in 2013 Infrastructure or to register, click here.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated
Bentley is the world leader dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions to architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, builders and proprietary operators for a sustainable infrastructure. Bentley Systems applies the mobility of information to increase the return on assets by taking advantage of the Information modeling through Integrated projects to Smart infrastructure. Its solutions encompass the platform MicroStation For the design and modeling of infrastructure, the platform ProjectWise Infrastructure teams can collaborate and share their work, and the AssetWise, for the operations of infrastructure assets, all of them compatible with a wide portfolio of interoperable applications products and backed by professional services worldwide. Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3.000 employees in 50 countries and with annual revenues of more than 500 million. Since 2005, it has invested more than 1.000 millions of dollars in research, development and acquisitions.
You will find additional information about Bentley in www.bentley.com and in the Bentley Annual Report. To receive the latest Bentley news instantly, subscribe to the RSS feed Bentley press releases and informational alerts. To request a compilation of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual awards Be Inspired Awards, where you can search, access the publications of Year in Infrastructure Of Bentley. To access the social network of professionals that allows members of the infrastructure community to interact, communicate and exchange knowledge, visit Be Communities.
To download the ranking of major owners Bentley Infrastructure 500, An exclusive international compendium of the leading public and private sector infrastructure owners based on the value of their infrastructure investments, visit Www.bentley.com/500.
So, it will be worth it to be in London. And as Geofumadas we are honored to participate as representatives of the Hispanic press covering the technological sector linked to geoengineering.