A day ago I spoke to them of the novelties that the 2.0 version of PlexEarth Tools for AutoCAD would bring, one of the most practical developments that I have seen on Google Earth on the part of a member of the AutoDesk Developer Network (ADN). The beta version has been released today. it can be downloaded, test and what is important in these stages: report possible bugs.
What's New in This Release
It is interesting that this Beta version is free while the commercial version is released, according to what I have been told, at the beginning of June of 2010. He who falls asleep can not lower it.
Of the best regarding what I saw a few days ago: Now it is available in Spanish and other languages supported by AutoCAD such as:
| || |
Of course, this version does not run on AutoCAD 2009 or earlier, but on 2010 and 2011. It works on:
- AutoCAD® 2010-2011
- AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2010-2011
- AutoCAD® Map 3D 2010-2011
- AutoCAD® Architecture 2010-2011Price and licensesI do not know the price of the license, we'll know until June. What I do know is that there will no longer be only one type of license but a Pro and a Premium will be handled, which I think is good for escalating prices. I was also informed by one of its creators, who will give special discounts to those who download the beta version and register it.
The Pro version: This will include the features of interaction with Google Earth images, things that until now I have not seen another application perform so clearly:
- Create mosaic of images, either over rectangular regions, inside a polygon or along a path.
- Import image as an individual item, in the extension of a specific site.
- Export georeferenced images in AutoCAD to Google Earth.
- Export objects to Google Earth
- Draw from AutoCAD points, polygons or routes taking Google Earth in the background.
- Digitize directly on Google Earth, with snap option, to draw on the dwg.
I am fascinated by the practicality of this version, since it is now possible to download image in mosaic or also based on a polygon.
El Video hanging on Yutube It is very practical, it also shows how you can download raster for a tiled roadway or also along a route (Path).
The Premium version: In this, the functionalities of digital model will be added, even being with a basic version of AutoCAD, PlexEarth Tools adds these functionalities that can only be done from Civil3D.
- Import terrain points and contour lines (Contour lines)
- Create surfaces, this from points, breaklines or elevation texts.
- Calculation of volumes between surfaces
- Level curves, as in Civil3D
- Assign elevations to points and create 3D Polylines Along a path.
- Label contours, surface dimensions, or volumes.
- It also has a tool for reading slope or elevation information, as well as calculating the area or distance.
- Both these surfaces can be imported from Google Earth, or with another program, such as Civil3D.
- This article talks about the News from PlexEarth 2.5