3D World Map It comes to remind us of those spheres that were used in school, although their capacity goes beyond that. It is a balloon that contains many more data than could fit in the globe and atlas, it also includes a movie screen saver that can play mp3 music in the background.
3D World Map Capabilities
- It contains more than 30,000 records of cities and countries, containing their geographical coordinates and population data. It also accepts that more data is added.
- You have the option to activate the day or night, and according to the time of the system shows how it would look. In the case of the part of the world that is at night, the night illumination is shown.
- It can be seen in full screen, window and also in floating balloon with everything else transparent
- Distances can be measured, and metric units accepted.
- It brings some sample thematizations, but you can configure the colors and transparency of different data such as oceans, atmosphere, elevation, etc. to the taste. The latter can be exaggerated by making an interesting visualization.
Very practical, the control tools are floating and can be located anywhere in the space.
You can save locations by assigning them a keypad number. Practical to move between places of interest.
It has movements of turn, displacement, approach and blockade of the north. Unfortunately the change of these is not so practical, being able to have them integrated in the buttons of the mouse + ctrl, it is necessary to resort to the right button for some transitions.
Not bad for an application that barely weighs 6 MB, the data it has come from sources such as:
gtopo30, Micro World Data Bank, the World Gazetteer, The CIA World Fact Book 2002, 2004, Blue Marble
As a trial version it comes with basic layers, but the premium version allows you to download up to 30MB of geographic data. Quite interesting for educational purposes, the paid version goes for $ 29.